Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Yikes time for an update

Sorry for the lack of updates to my precious 5 followers :) Hopefully there are more people checking out the blog, since I know my site is at least fairly busy.

I've been training full time since June and its been a busy time. I'm changing my store over to provide kong and premier pet products instead of the tuffy / vip toys. Nothing against those toys but they were too expensive to bring in from the USA and my new supplier is in Canada. I hope to have all my products listed in the near future.

I've been taking a few dogs into my home from the SPCA to give them a break from being at the shelter, and to help assess behaviour in the home. I've been lucky to have 2 great dogs come spend some time with me, one of whom went to an excellent home and another who hopefully will soon.

I wanted to share with you all 2 excellent resources regarding punishment, dominance and Cesar Millan. In my travels and classes I actually haven't met that many people that mention him or dominance, however I SEE a lot if it around dog shows, parks etc, so I can only assume the big time Cesar fans out there are not calling positive trainers for help....

Here are two articles that every Cesar Millan fan or hater should read - Thanks to Jean Donaldson for posting them on her facebook

http://www.4pawsu.com/dogpsychology.htm

http://www.4pawsu.com/cesarfans.htm

Cheers,
Tristan

No comments:

Post a Comment