Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Golden Rule Training Store

Finally, after several months the golden rule training store is online. I will be selling items from a company called VIP products, most famously known for their "Tuffy" line of products.

So why is a dog trainer selling toys, trying to make extra income? Not really, I've kept my prices really low that I don't really see myself making that much money off this - but rather one of the things I noticed on a number of consultations is the lack of dog toys.

I mostly see big dogs in my consultations, I'd say pit bulls, mastiffs and shepards are likely my top dogs I see. I don't believe its anything to do with the breed but rather when a large powerful dog has issues, theres a lot more reason to act than if a tiny teacup dog has them. I know many people who just 'deal' with aggression from their tiny dog, but pick up the phone quick if their 150 lbs mastiff growls.

One of the main things I hear from all these owners is how their dog 'shreds' their toys. Many of these owners struggle to give their dog enough exercise on a regular basis, so toys become a great outlet for the dogs....except they don't have any!

The "Tuffy" toys are built just for these dogs. The rating system allows for people to choose how strong a toy they need for their particular dog - not every dog needs a 10 level toy!

There is also a lot of fun toys for any dog, not just the toy gobblers! The iballs, squeakers and animals are really fun for any dog, so I hope you'll check out the toys and if your happy with them, pass on to your friends!

Shelters are another reason I got into this product line. Many shelter dogs shred their toys because theres nothing else for them to do, and because of the risk of choking sometimes dogs that shred will lose their toys completely and be left with nothing to do. I'd really like to see the mega tuffy line in shelters all over the province to ensure that even the most stressed out mega chewer can have a toy to play with and relieve stress - I will be putting aside money from all sales to purchase toys for the SPCA here in NS.

No comments:

Post a Comment